Button Love Christmas Present
This cute framed button art is the perfect gift for a loved one this holiday season. Made with items easily found at most dollar stores.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- glue gun with glue
- scrap book paper
- needle and thread
- shadow box
- Pry the back off of your frame.
- If there was an embellishment in the frame take/scrape it out.
- Hand rip your scrap paper to roughly fit the frame backing. Just eyeball it. It does not need to look perfect, and actually looks better if it is imperfect.
- Place your paper against your backing to see if you like the fit, if you want more of a rustic look, let more of the backing show through.
- With a pencil, draw a heart shape on your paper.
- Using your needle and thread, begin sewing buttons all around the perimeter of your heart shape. You can also use hot glue to do this, but I like the look of the hand sewn buttons.
- Fill in the heart with buttons. Where there are gaps, bend the paper and wedge buttons in, sewing them in place. This will give your heart dimension, and make the buttons really stand out.
- Place hot glue along the back of the paper, wrong side up.
- Press heart gently onto backing of frame and add more glue if needed.
- Glue frame back in place with hot glue. Press backing onto frame to secure.
By Teri M from Omaha, NE
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide