Cleaning InteriorCars

Removing Odor in the Car

How do I get rid of wet car smell?

By Lynn Williams from SC

Hi, have you removed the dampness yet? Try a product like damp Rid. Once the wetness is gone, then tackle the odor. You can use baking soda as the previous poster suggested. I know some others have tried oven containers of vinegar or kitty litter. I had to use good luck with using these to kill odors in the refrigerator when we lost power after an electrical outage.

If your car has an undesirable odor to it, just take some baking soda and sprinkle it on the floors and the fabric upholstery. Leave it there for about 15 minutes and then vacuum it up. Absorbs odors there just like it does in other places, like the fridge.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Removing Odor in the Car

Try a product that I discovered awhile ago and been using since. It is an activated carbon product called Innofresh auto odor eliminator. Great for getting rid of smells and not just covering it up with some fragrance. I originally bought at the Checker auto store, but also now can buy on line easy at innofresh.com. (10/21/2008)

By KenG