AdviceRecipes

Sending Someone Fresh Salsa

I am wanting to send some fresh salsa to my nephew in college. How do I send it fresh without having to can it which would mean having to cook the salsa (therefore not being fresh).

Thanks,
Robin from Swanton, Ohio

I guess I would try freezing it and sending it in a cheep little styro sixpack cooler. He must be a special nephew, to get such preferential treatment! You could use an unopened bag of chips to insulate the box.

By Tone (Guest Post)

I only will eat fresh myself. Lucky nephew! :) How about just putting it in a thermos like container and shipping it to him overnight. The faster it got there the less chance of it becoming rancid in the process.Or maybe even vacumn packing it and getting ahold of some of those refridgerator bags to pack around it.

Good luck!

By Glenda Carr (Guest Post)

My thought was if you make it fresh, pack it in a styrofoam container (leakproof) with some dry ice, and then send overnight, it would probably make it fine. Lucky Nephew.... if you don't have anywhere else to send that yummy salsa, I'll give you my address!

By Carla (Guest Post)

I suggest packing in dry ice.

Do you make homemade chips, also!

You're quite an Aunt! He probably rates you a Gold Star

one!

By Rasta (Guest Post)

Dry ice a must. Tomatoes go bad if not refrigerated after cutting. A real health concern if not shipped in dry ice. Dry ice will freeze it.