Put Peg Board on Exposed Back of Shelves

I bought a bookcase really cheap off of craigslist, but you can watch your free cycle for one as well. The backing was just cardboard and I wanted to put the bookcase in so the side was against the wall to create more storage without blocking another shelf I had in place already or the window.

I went to Lowe's and bought a sheet of peg board on clearance for about $6 and had them cut it there to the size of the back of the bookcase. I nailed it on the back of the bookcase. Now I have a place to hang things, have a sturdier back to the bookcase and it is easier to see and get at things you store there. You can make your own hooks from a wire hanger if you want.

By Lori from Palm Bay, FL

But it could be cork board as well, lol. Another good idea by accident!

Organizing Clutter ControlDecember 7, 2010
🎂
📓
🌻