Storing Canned Goods in Alphabetical Order

I enjoy organizing and my most helpful tip I use in the kitchen. When I buy canned goods, I store them in the pantry in alphabetical order. All of the canned beans go first followed usually by the corn and then the greens etc.

When it's time to repurchase cans I only have to look at the section that is low to know what I need to replace. When I reach for a can of beans, I never have to sort through the pantry I just go to the first section on the shelf and there they are. Same with my spices, they too are in ABC order. It works great!

By Connie A. from Tennessee

By Tedebear (Guest Post)

Hi Connie! We have been married 40 years also. Yes, we shopped at the commissary and lived off base, too! I always remember that we bought groceries, filled the car with gas and made sure to have ten cents for a telephone call so my husband was never UA, IF the car broke down. We smile fondly when we look at a dime and remember we were "rich"enough to have ten cents left over until the next payday!

Hi, I have my spices in abc order too. Makes it much easier to find. Good tip!

Donita

Organizing KitchenMarch 7, 2006
🎂
🌻
📓