Can I Freeze Cucumbers?

Can you freeze cucumbers?

By Russell S

Best Answer

I just thought I'd share that I made some tabouli and the recipe made a huge amount. I couldn't eat all of it so I thought I wonder how it would be if I froze it. I put it in individual serving containers and tried it, thinking it would probably turn to mush. But I was very surprised! It froze beautifully. It was not mushy at all, in fact when defrosted the cucumbers were still nice and crunchy. :)

Freezing cucumbers will result in a mushy, very watery product. The best way to preserve cucumbers is to make pickles.

Can I go through the process of pickle/brine preserving, and not add the sugar and still get a crisp cuke wedge? Onion is OK, just gotta avoid the sugar and spices. And will I get the cucumber taste???

I frozen cucumbers in brine. They came out crispy and fresh tasting.

I make freezer pickles! There are lots of good recipes on the internet, just pick the one that suits you.

Most state that the pickles are good for 3 months, but I've opened packages from last summer, and they were still crisp and good.

Anonymous

Peel, shred in food processor, freeze. We make cucumber bread, homemade dog biscuits or add to sauce as a thickener. Same thing with zucchini.

I peel and slice them then freeze them in water in cupcake pans. Later I add them to water for a great and refreshing infusion.