Cleaning ToolsCleaning

Little Green Machine Won't Spray Cleaner

My Bissel Little Green Machine does not spray cleaning fluid. the pump is running, I have had the handle apart. Where might this be plugged and how do I clean it?

By Larry Brown from Allegan, MI

I had this problem. Take the outside part off. It doesn't look as nice, but everytime I put the outside part back on the handle on it stopped spraying. It was the only way to keep using it.

I have a handheld shampooer and I used a spray bottle instead of the sprayer on the shampooer.

I am having the same problem. It doesn't seem to have the power to spray. If the machine is up high and I take the head off, the water will trickle out. I am thinking maybe it's a pump issue?

That it isn't pumping it right? I tried to "prime" the pump like the manual says, but nothing. Ultimately, it looks like dedejo's solution is the one that I have to continue using.

I have a bissell pro heat and lent it out. When I got it back it had no spray power, so I took off the sprayer nozzle and used a safety pin straightened so it would reach the opening the water shoots through. I found it was clogged with dried soap powder. After I cleared it out I shined a flash light into opening to see if it was clear. It works wonderfully now.
So as a heads up I only use liquid detergent as my go to cleaner.