Freezing Carrot Juice?

Question:

I have just cropped three wheelbarrow loads of carrots. We use carrot juice every morning and I'm wondering if anyone has tips for freezing the juice. I could either freeze the carrot whole and juice them when needed, or make up the raw juice and freeze that. I'm not sure if the juice would need to be processed though. New to this forum - it looks very useful.

Linda in Tasmania

Answer:

Carrot Juice can be frozen, but it is not so good as a drink as the liquid separates during the freezing process, but can be used in cooking (stocks), salad dressings or in lieu of water in a boxed carrot cake mix! Use within a month. After that point, the carrot juice starts to pick up flavors of other foods in the freezer!

Thanks!
Jennifer A. Wickes

Read User Replies Below...

About The Author: Jennifer A. Wickes is a freelance food writer, recipe developer and cookbook reviewer. She has written several eBooks, and has had numerous articles, reviews and recipes in printed publications, as well as on-line. She is working on her first cookbook. For more information about Jennifer or her work, please visit her home page:
home.comcast.net/.../Home.html

By (Guest Post)

Great question, Linda. I've wondered that myself so I did some serious surfing today. I found a site that says you can freeze the juice of carrots but it's not really good for drinking when thawed. The author also says you can blanch the carrots and then freeze them....no mention of juicing afterwards (at least that I could see). Here's the site: website.lineone.net/.../recipes.html

Oops!!! I forgot to sign in before posting..so you'll get this twice...probably. "Great question, Linda. I've wondered that myself so I did some serious surfing today. I found a site that says you can freeze the juice of carrots but it's not really good for drinking when thawed.

The author also says you can blanch the carrots and then freeze them....no mention of juicing afterwards (at least that I could see). Here's the site: website.lineone.net/.../recipes.html "

After thawing try mixing the carrot juice with the bullet blender.

Food and Recipes FreezingJuly 14, 2005
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf47650706.tip.html

FreezingFood and Recipes