AppliancesCleaning

Foiled Burned on Glass Stovetop Burner

I have a smooth glass top stove. I put a peice of aluminum foil on the hot burner. It only was on the glass for a moment. When I removed it, some of the foil melted into the glass. It is not "a lump of foil" that can be easily scapped off with a razor. It actually seems that the foil melted into the glass. I have tried using vinager, salt, oven cleaner,oxiClean, lemon, and baking soda paste. Any other ideas out there?

Victoria

By Cheryl from Missouri (Guest Post)

Have you tried contacting the stove's manufacturer? I would call the toll-free number or contact them through their website and see what they recommend. What have you got to lose?

By Jennifer,CA (Guest Post)

Try Bar Keeper's Friend. Go to barkeepersfriend.com
I've found this product at Walmart, Bed Bath And Beyond, grocery stores too. Between $2-3

By Steve (Guest Post)

Victoria,
I ended up doing the same thing trying to cook popcorn on the stove, the top seemed to be scratching from moving the pot back and forth...so I tried putting foil under the pot....bad idea same results as you...didn't think aluminum foil melted