Long Distance Move With Animals

My husband is a teacher in CA. We are looking to move to the state of Georgia. He has job possibilies there. We are looking to move the most frugal way possible. We have two dogs , some ducks and chickens that we would like to take with us. Has any one made long distance moves with animals? I would like to have all the tips, on keeping moving costs down and traveling with animals, possible.

We are planning to move in late July. We have lots of time to plan, but I believe in starting early. We do not have a very large budget so keeping costs down are very important.

Thanks,
Reva in CA

I have carried ducks, chickens and cats in small animal carriers in the back of my pickup. I put a sheet over them to make them feel more secure. My dogs like to ride, so they were inside the truck. I stopped frequently so the dogs could do what they had to do, and made sure everyone had water.

Obviously, they were glad when I arrived, but all fared well.