Profession Decorating Advice?

Does anybody have any links for personal help with decorating. I have a awful room that I need help with furniture placement. It has 3 doors, one is a double set, a fireplace and a bay window and the walkway is just about in the middle of the room. I need some professional advice on how to arrange the furniture

madisonandco

By Judy (Guest Post)

I would suggest that you contact a professional and have them come to your home and make recommendations. Be sure to write down all their suggestions then pay them for the consultation and work from their ideas. You don't have to "hire" them to do the work, you only pay for the one time consultation visit which may be expensive, but in the long run I believe it's the most economical way to address the problem. Judy

Don't put furniture along the wall, move inward.

Draw the room on paper, cut the furniture out in pieces, and move it around unti it works.

www.designingonline.com/.../sofa.html

www.an-impeccable-design.com/.../IDRoom_layout.asp

For more, search "furniture layout" or "interior room design" on the web.

You can hire a decorator by the hour, and be sure s/he is experienced in layout problems.

By rr (Guest Post)

I have several built in book shelves, but not a lot of books. I love the look of a book collection, let's say of an Encyclopedia-esque nature. However, I don't have a book collection with that look - only paperbacks! What's an affordable way to fill these shelves with the look I want, without having to buy an Encyclopedia Collection that I'm never going to read?

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AdviceMay 9, 2005
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf478087.tip.html