Prevent Forgetting Items With Car Keys

One of the banes of my existence always has been forgetting key items and taking multiple trips back to the house from the car when on my way somewhere - usually making me late in the process.

A solution I have found helpful is to tie the keys of my car to whatever it is I need to remember (a particular bag, a camera, a shopping list) and then, since I generally will not forget my car keys, I will also remember to take along what's needed.

I have one of those clamp keychains which are easy to adhere to the handle of a bag or other object. The night before, or even a few minutes before leaving the house, I adhere the keys to whatever it is. No more unnecessary trips!

This tip is also helpful in not leaving behind said object (a camera, a purse, a briefcase, etc) whenever I arrive at my final destination. If I've gone to an event or dinner party and wish to not forget my camera when i go home, I will adhere my keys to the camera's case. Even if I go as far as leaving the camera behind, I will quickly get to my car, realize I can't go anywhere, then remember to go back for the keys - and the camera.

By ahorrasi from Marshall, NC

An excellent idea. Thank you.

I've been doing this for years. Even when I am dining at a friend's or family members home and they offer me some leftovers I place my keys in the fridge. Can't go anywhere without them!

Organizing TipsJanuary 13, 2012
🎉
🎄

Generated 2019-12-19 09:11:35 in 723 msecs. ⛅️️