Use Ziplock Bags With Your Handi-Vac

This is for all the folks that have purchased the Reynolds Handi-Vac and now have to find an alternative for their machine. Please DO NOT THROW IT AWAY. Ziploc Brand bags work with your Handi-Vac pump and they cost about a third the price. Any wonder Reynolds thinks it's a good idea to discontinue the bags?

By joe from Pittsburgh, PA

I'm one of those people-how do you use it with regular ziploc bags?

Food Saver recently put out a hand-held unit that is relatively cheap. I bet their bags would work (although they may be a little more expensive). They don't use the same ones that their vaccum sealer uses.

I tried to use the Ziplock bags but the Reynold's pump wouldn't suck the air out. I'll try again.

May I make a suggestion, Reynolds has a Facebook page, I think everyone needs to go there and tell them how much they love the product and how disappointed you are with them for discounting the bags. Let's beg them to put them back on the market, I'm really upset because I bought mine about a month ago and now I can't find the bag.

Go to Facebook! Here's the link. Maybe if we let them know if they don't bring the bags back we will not buy anything of there's any longer.
www.facebook.com/.../71369066093

So I was and still am a big fan of the Handi-Vac. I went to Walmart of just bought several boxes of the Ziploc Vacum bags. At first the did not work well or at all. Then it hit me, I had a similar system for wine. I took it out and sure enough it worked like a charm. Then it hit me. You dont want to place the handi-vac in the center of that little square (Inside the blue circle) on the Ziploc bags. Place it so the bottom of that square is in the middle of the handi-vac tip. If you place it there and place two fingers over the tip of the handi-vac it will work like a charm.

How do u use it on reg zip lock bags

I would like to know how to use it on the ziplock bags please

Anonymous

How do you use it with a zip lock bag?

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsSeptember 15, 2009
📓
🌻
🐛