TreesGardening

How Far Apart to Plant Willow Trees

Could someone give me advice on how far apart I should plant willows? Thanks for your time.

SKYEANGI

I read just recently they should be 10 feet apart.

Are they weeping willows? They will grow towards water so if you have a septic tank or even if you're on city water they will grow towards the city lines & clog them. They are best planted by lakes. Our neighbor, when I was growing up, had a huge problem with theirs & their sewer lines.

I have a 100 year old willow tree in my yard. I have provided many a person with branches to grow their own.

My advice, depending where you live," What is your septic system like?" Like ther previous response, they do go towards water...the root systems are massive and intense.
If you are planting in a small yard I wouldn't even consider it. Mine are near a swamp area ( I have 55 acres) and I grow them to dry up the area.

My question or questions!! (LOL) is.. i have been wanting to plant a willow in our front yard. We have an area off to the side of the front aprox 100 feet from the house that generally floods when the rains come a couple times a year. We live in NE Ohio. We have quite a large front yard maybe 150 feet from porch to street. My septic is in the back, so no worries there... but i do have a well just a few feet off that same corner of my house where it tends to flood.

I have read i should plant it at least 50 to 75 feet away from anything i don't want it to grow into.
I also have a few pipes running out from our house that come from the down spouts and take the water away from the house.. so my question is.. do you think it will invade those drainage pipes and or my well???
I am thinking i would like to stagger a few along the very front of my property to block out a view of a nasty neighbors house that is very unkept.
Any advice???
Also... I do see quite a few willow looking trees down my street.. but since they are so scragly.. am wondering if they are really willows?? they look like willows.. but seem so bare. Are there many different types of weeping willow trees?? And could these be something else??

I planted some willow twigs in my back yard and I was wondering how long it will take before the start to get big and "weeping".

30 feet