Homemade Head Lice Remedy

I came across this tip about removing lice. In a nutshell, it says that by putting conditioner in damp hair and then dipping a metal (not plastic) comb in the baking soda and combing through hair, it gets them out a lot faster. Conditioner also has the added effect of helping you see the live lice and slow them down so you can find them in the first place.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Another great one is to goop mayonnaise on the hair, cover in shower curtain for 30 minutes, then rinse. You can Google it if you don't think it's true. I did!
PBP

Boy, I wish I'd thought of this 30 years ago when my kids were little. All three had curly hair! Thanks, great tip!

Robin, I wish I'd had this tip several years ago! Both my daughters spent a summer looking like Sinead O'Connor. This, after I tried everything else I knew or had ever heard of to conquer the problem.