RefinishingFurniture

Spray Paint for Fabric Furniture

Has anyone tried spray fabric paint made for furniture? I think it's made by Sunshine.

By anne

Anonymous

I have a chair I was going to pitch, but have decided to try upholstery paint, although I have never painted upholstered furniture before. But I did go online to see what people who have used the paint have to say, and I could only find positive feedback.

I did go to the Sunshine website and they said test your fabric first to make sure the material absorbs the paint. Also check after it is dry to make sure the paint was fully absorbed. They recommend 72 hrs. drying time. If you aren't 100% satisfied with the results of the test, do not paint the item.

I painted the fabric on a chair with upholstery paint from an auto supply store. It took 2 cans at approx $7 each.

I liked the results. I purchased the chair for $15 at the Senior Citizen Thrift Shop. This type of spray works on vinyl as well as fabric.