Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Paint Color Ideas for Room With Purple Carpet

I need advice in how to paint my room! My drawers are black with silver details and my carpet and other accessories are purple. I looked on the internet for paint options but they say pink, gray or green and I just don't like those colors for a wall. What do you think?

By laly from Puerto Rico

What about lavender or a deep lilac?

Your color scheme sounds gorgeous, by the way!
It sounds very art deco to me and I think the same type of colors were used during that period too.

I suppose it depends on the shade of purple, but I'd go with a very pale, light version of Tiffany/robin's egg blue. Although you don't like green, I'd also reconsider a pale sage - as it's really very pretty with purple, especially eggplant-type purples. Good luck.

Anonymous

When I was a young girl and teenager everything, except for the furniture which was white and brass, was some shade of lavender or purple and it looked great! Being that you don't like the colors suggested online don't use them.

There's nothing wrong at all with staying with the same color family :-) Lavender walls would be lovely with purple carpet and, if you can match the carpet color, it might look really cool to have one wall the same color.

Go with a very pale lavender. good luck mellie :-)