OdorsCleaning

Smelling Strange Odors in Home

Category Odors

I have been getting three distinct odors periodically coming into my home. First a peppery burnt odor, then a sweet smelling gassy odor, and then an acrid chemical smell. I thought perhaps there was a meth lab or crack house across the street, but the police and fire department tell me they can't detect any of these odors either in my house or around the suspect house across the street where I live.

These odors are driving me crazy, but no one seems to smell them except me. I've been also to an allergist and have had a physical check up and nothing seems to be wrong with me. What can I do or should I do to find the origin of the odors?

By Roberta S.

Did this come on all of a sudden? Have you gone to a ear,nnose and throat specialist? I have virtually no sense of smell. For instance, I cannot smell something burning. But on occasion I get an odor of something that nobody else can smell but I have not done that for a long, long time. It is strange. The ear nose and throat specialist told me my lack of sense of smell was inherited and they don't really know the reason for it. My dad had hardly any sense of smell either.