Keeping Trash Bags in Place

When I buy trash bags that don't like to stay in place, I simply measure off a length of elastic, sew it together and fit it over the trash can. When the bag is put into the can we simply pull the elastic over the edges and this keeps it from moving. We never take the elastic off, (except to clean it) we simply push it down a little, lift out the bag, and replace it.

By gem from VA

Great idea!

I tried this. Worked fine till a bit of trash went into the bag. Then the weight of the trash caused the bag to drop lower in the can, pulling it out of the elastic.

So now I use 4 of those black clips that you get in the stationary department at Wal Mart. No more sagging bags!

I use the same idea, but recycle the waistband of a pair of pantyhose. I have not washed it as it is on the outside of the trash can and doesn't get dirty. It works well holding the bag in place.

Organizing Garbage and RecyclingNovember 21, 2010
💘
🍀