MiscellaneousOrganizing

Needlepoint Canvas Earring Holder

I made an earring holder, that can be adjusted to any size you need, out of a large embroidery hoop and needlepoint canvas (NOT plastic canvas, the cloth kind). Cut a piece of the canvas larger than the hoop, then put a line of craft (tacky) glue around the outside surface of the inner hoop. Place the canvas on the smaller hoop, stretch slightly, and push the outer hoop down and tighten. You may need to pull the canvas straight as you tighten. Let the glue dry, add a piece of ribbon or cord to the top to hang, and put your earrings on it.

It works for posts or ear wires. You can organize your earrings by color, type, whatever you want. The picture of mine is pretty basic since it is hidden in my bathroom, but I have made them for gifts and embellished with ribbon or small silk flowers. I have made fairly small ones and given them as gifts with a pair of earrings on them.

By Kathy from Seattle, WA

What a great idea! I collect pins, and your idea will work great for them. Thanks.

Oops, looks like I forgot to add after the glue is dry to turn it over and trim the excess off the back. But I am sure everyone would figure that out!

Cute idea :)