Container Gardening on a Deck

Category Container
Grow beautiful flowers, herbs and vegetables on your deck in containers, even if you don't have a yard. This is a guide about container gardening on a deck.

I am getting older and working on my knees to garden is getting harder for me so I studied up on container gardening and added these colorful items to my deck. When the plants flower and ripen, it will add much more color.

By Kenneth S. from Copperas Cove, TX

I am in Texas also and getting older too. I am looking at your lovely garden and I just thought of something you could do. I don't know where one would find them but those little benches which used to come with picnic tables would make it easier for you to reach and care for your plants. even some small tables would help.

I decided to get some use out of the plastic chairs that had been stacked in the corner of my deck not being used by using them to display some of my flowers. Now I get a nice view of my flowers when I look out the sliding glass door of my dining room.

You can use extra buckets 3/4 filled with dirt as pedestals for the actual flower or veggie buckets. That raises them to a more comfortable height and is still nice and stable. Don't put them on top of upside down empty buckets or the first good wind might knock them over.

I'm going to start my container garden this year