AdviceBudget & Finance

Legal Advice For Qualifying As Non Profit

I leave in San Antonio, TX and I have an incorporated, non-profit business and I want to apply for my 501(c)(3) which is tax deduct for donors. We don't have a lot of money to hire an attorney so I did the research and typed up all that I think is required. I have been searching for a pro bono person/attorney to just sit with me, read over what I have and tell me if I have the correct information and if not what I need to do to qualify.


I'm not asking for any one to type or do research, I can do that myself. I just need someone that knows what the government looks for to qualify non-profit business as "exempt". Can any one tell me of someone that can help with this issue.

Tanya from San Antonio, TX

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

July 31, 20070 found this helpful

You can try contacting your local SBA (Small Business Association) -- there is an office in San Antonio. They may be able to give you the help you need (probably for free). Good luck!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Memere (Guest Post)
August 1, 20070 found this helpful

Contact the government agency that oversees this. I am sure that they have a printed guideline for what you need.


The other suggestion of the SBA is good also. They have a program called SCORE, where retired persons help in their given fields. I do believe it is free.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
September 16, 20070 found this helpful

HI about 15 years ago we got our 501c3. What we did was get the phone book out and called different accountants. One of them said he would do the paperwork for us. He did all the work and didnt even charge us. Just ask!!!!! God will help you just ask. Phyllis from lake Isabella ca.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Budget & Finance AdviceJuly 30, 2007
Fourth of July Ideas!
Summer Ideas!
Pest Control
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/06/22 01:21:31 in 626 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!