OtherRepair

Making a Yellowed Purse White Again

I have a Dooney and Bourke white IT bucket bag. Around the zipper it has yellowed on both sides. The rest of the once white outside is also yellowing. (just not as badly as the area right by the zipper). What can I do? Can I clean it somehow, and if so how?

Kiedra

By Shasta (Guest Post)

You could try a small bit of white shoe polish, being very careful to test an inconspicuous spot first.

By Shasta (Guest Post)

You could try some white shoe polish just test it a little first. If you don't want to do that, try contacting the company for a type of cleaner they would recommend.

By Debra In Colorado (Guest Post)

In a spot that won't show try some hydrogen Peroxide. It should take out the yellow.
Deb

By Jill (Guest Post)

Has anyone had any luck contacting Dooney and Bourke about the yellow stains? I know coach would take the product back i wonder if they have the same return policy. Did the peroxide work?

yes, my neighbor told me to try liquid dishwasher in my whites to keep my t-shirts white. it works for me. my t-shirts are not dingy yellow anymore.