OtherPhotos

Humanitarian Aid Mission in Afghanistan

Category Other
winner.jpg

I used a longer focal length of my lens to isolate the subject, and black and white to take away color distraction. I mostly use 80-200mm Nikkor to blur out the background and it also gives me the opportunity to shoot from far away. The Afghan kids in this photo were reaching out to US Army soldiers, who handed out toys on a Humanitarian Aid mission in Afghanistan. Nikon F5, Fujifilm 800, 24-85mm Nikkor. Afghanistan, 2005.

Humanitarian Aid Mission in Afghanistan

By Serge Batyrshin

By Mary (Guest Post)

This is a very meaningful photo. The dog and cat photos usually featured here are cute, but yours is the kind of photo that makes a difference! It brings home the point that all people are connected have the same needs and feelings. These wars and conflicts in our world are just insane. I think you should win the photo contest here, but please enter it in other contests. You are sure to be disovered!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I thank you for your photo. I think your photo should be seen by all. American school children to

remind them how privileged they are and for others
to know the Military does so much. I salute each
active military and our Veterans for all they do, been through and see.
You have talent and thank you for sharing here.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
By Serge (Guest Post)

Thank you for your responses. Just to let you know, this photo will be printed in a book coming out this winter, called ENDLESS JOURNIES. Check out my website for details: http://sergykal … tional-yall.html

Reply Like this photo? Yes