- left over bones from roast
- 1 pound diced cooked lean lamb
- 3 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock or bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced with leaves
- 1/2 turnip or rutabaga, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
Combine chicken stock, bones, meat, onion and bay leaf in large soup pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for one hour. Add barley and continue to simmer for 30 minutes. Add vegetables and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables and barley are cooked. Remove bones.
By Raymonde G. from North Bay, Ontario
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.