Removing Dried Paint from Roller Blinds

If your blinds are left in place when painting it is possible to accidentally drip paint on them. This is a guide about removing dried paint from roller blinds.

How do I get dried matte paint off roller blinds?

Amanda from UK

Answers

Best Answer

If your paint is latex (water-wash-up) then rubbing alcohol should disolve it. If it is oil-base, then mineral spirits may work. I'd try a small less noticable area to test out first...Either could react with whatever your blinds are made of. (If you use mineral spirits, you need to wash it off afterward as it is flammable.)

By Caz (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I've just used pure turpentine to get a dried (dark) emulsion paint stain off a white roller blind and it seems to have worked. It's a relief - thought I'd have to get new blinds... (The emulsion was Colortrend 100% acryllic if that's any help).

I was using spray ink on stencils for an arts and crafts project and some of it got on my window blinds. To make it even worse, the ink is red. It looks like blood.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Answers

Use hairspray in an inconspicuous spot to see if it will remove it. You can also try a Magic Eraser.

I don't know what is in spray ink. If its anything like spray paint you can try one of these suggestions, rubbing alcohol, goop off, or wd40, hydrogen peroxide gets blood or red out, but it also whitens which in your case is fine since the blinds are white.