Baby Shower Games, Decorating and Food Ideas?

I was wondering if anyone could please help me with some decorating, games, and food ideas? It will be a baby shower on a budget. This is a first for me and I'm lost.

Thanks, Ruth

I have used all 3 of these sites in the past. Most games just require pen and paper. And a lot of the favors can be made with cheaper versions and homemade.

www.thebabyshowersite.com/

www.babyzone.com/.../babyshowers.asp

www.mommyparty.com/

Anonymous

Dear Ruth:
I posted for the same advice not one month ago, and everyone was so helpful. Just go to:
www.thriftyfun.com/.../tf127393_par.html, or type "need baby shower ideas" under search.
Good luck.
Anjeena

Ruth,

Here's a link to a site with some cute ideas: www.mybambino.com/baby_shower_games.htm.

Congratulations & Best of Luck.

Marla

http://www.forgetmenotaromas.com - Our fragrances leave lasting impressions.

For food I would just keep it simple. The cake with maybe some chips and nuts. Generally showers are given after meals so you don't have to actually feed people a meal. If you want to go with something more, make some finger sandwiches using egg salad or tuna salad. Both items are not that expensive. Decorate with things that the mother can acutally use. Like a pretty basket with different colored baby bottles or baby care products. A few ballons are always nice. Try to get these from your local supermarket. They are usually cheaper than a florist. Same thing if you decorate with any type of flowers.

One baby shower I went to the hostesses passed around a bowl of clothespins, asking everyone to see how many they could grasp and hold in 1 hand only. The guest that could hold the most, won the prize.

Also, you could have the honoree, come in and mingle with the guests, after a while have the honoree leave the room. Have the guests write down what all she had on? (earrings, barrette, bracelet, necklace, blouse, dress, skirt, rings, etc.) The guest that got the most answers correct, wins the prize.

I've been to some showers where the prizes are baby related & the guests have the decision to keep the prize or give it to the honoree. But the prizes don't have to be baby related.

Finger sandwiches, mixed nuts &/or dinner mints, fruit salad if you didn't want to serve cake.

It's best to give the shower with several friends or family members, this way the whole expense doesn't get put on your shoulders. It could get costly.

Best of luck!!

WE ARE HAVING A "BIRTH" DAY PARTY FOR MY DAUGHTER'S SHOWER WITH A BIRTHDAY CAKE AND PUNCH AND GOODIE BAGS FOR ALL THE GUESTS. THE THEME IS CURIOUS GEORGE!

you can play the string game where you pass around a string and guess how big the mothers stomach is

Holidays and Parties Parties Baby ShowerMarch 10, 2005
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf501917.tip.html