Getting Rid of Acrobat Ants

I was told I have acrobat ants on my outdoor fence and on the edge of the roof of my garage; the cost to get rid of them professionally will cost hundreds of dollars! Do any TF members know if I can spray something on them myself, or is this a job for professionally pest services only? Help! Thanks very much.

By Caseye

Best Answer

Early this spring I was bombarded with quite large black ants but not carpenter ants. I tried all the remedies I found such as Diatamacious Earth, baby powder, cinnamon and many others. What worked for me was good old white vinegar and maybe peppermint? I used them about the same time.

I still keep vinegar in spray bottle and every so often take a spraying walk though out the house. Cheaper and it works. I also have wrapped mint gum in all my cupboards.

Bonus is that now most everyone who comes here say how good the house smells. Vinegar is great odor killer as well as seems ants do not like the smell

Best Answer

I had never heard of these ants, and so googled for info. I suggest that you do so. I think that there are quite a few do it yourself treatments to eliminate these ants.

However, I do not think you should bother with cinnamon, etc. These infestations sound like a job for pesticide. You may have rotten wood problems and leaks that need to be addressed as well.

Ortho Spray works wonders for many kinds of ants. Can be purchased at Wal-Mart.

Home and Garden Pest Control AntsMay 8, 2012
😎
📓
🐛
🌻