MiscellaneousCollectibles

"Romance of the Sea" Silverplate Storage Box by Wallace Silversmiths

Category Miscellaneous

I found an amazing silver chest today. It is a wooden sea blue chest with silverplate feet of carved seahorses and a silverplate clam shell for the handle. It also has silverplate, "pearls" around the bottom of the chest. When opened, it is labeled "Romance Of The Sea", by Wallace Silversmiths.

Did a find a treasure? I purchased it full of silverplate, but not Wallace silver. (I don't care, I love the chest!) Has anyone seen a chest like this? Does anyone know the value? Thanks.

By Perrin C.

You may found a treasure in the eyes of a collector of original Wallace SIlversmiths memorabilia-if your chest is original to the 1950s when the Romance of the Sea line was first produced:

http://en.wikip  ilversmiths_Inc.

There are some good external links at the bottom. Try also EBay to get an idea of what your chest is worth by using the line name and maker combined with the word value.