Saving On GasCars

Buy Gas in the Morning

Fill up your tank early in the morning when the air is cool and the gas is dense. You'll get more gas and less air.

By Nancy from Colonial Heights, VA

I doubt it. The gasoline you are pumping into your tank comes from deep underground tanks where temps stay constant. So, makes no difference how many gallons you buy, you still pay same price per gallon, which volume remains the same.

I have read this several times over the past years. But recently I read an article about getting the best mpg from your car, and this myth is one that the article stated was just that: a myth!

Right gas is stored underground and is the ground temperature. Volume of a liquid does not change significantly with the small variations of ground temperature.

I am an engineer and have studied this effect.

My husband drives a gas tanker for a living and has for quite a few years and he says this is not true! The gas remains the same in the ground just as it does in his tanker, does not get ''dense.'' Buying gas at a certain time of day thinking you can ''get more'' is not true.