Trail Mix Recipes

Category Snacks
Trail mix is not just for hiking. This tasty treat makes a good anytime snack and a nice addition to a packed lunch. This page contains trail mix recipes.

Summer is here, and there all sorts of activities that are made more enjoyable if you have a nice little bag of your very own special trail mix in your pocket. Make a list of your family's favorite snack ingredients and stock up on them, and then start mixing to suit all of you.

These are our family's favorite snacks for trail mixes:

One daughter likes to add carrot sticks to her bag, and I like Wheat Chex in mine.

Your own special Trail Mix is perfect for camping, hiking, ball games, bowling, watching TV, or family board games. You'll save money, your family will be snacking healthier, and you won't have the wasted items that no one likes from the mixes you purchase at the stores.

Source: I didn't like paying a high price for trail mix at the stores, then feeding half of it to the squirrels every week. We buy sunflower seeds and raw peanuts in the shells for them.

By Julia from Boca Raton, FL

This is so easy to make and is a nutritious snack to eat at any time. It's a favorite, especially at Christmas time.

Directions:

Melt 12 oz. almond bark. Pour over mixture. Scoop on wax paper to cool. Break into bite-size pieces. Yummy!

Source: Family Fun Magazine

By Judy from Pierce, NE

Do you love the trail mix that you can purchase but don't love the price you have to pay? I make my own mixing walnut pieces, almonds, raw cashews, currants, raisins, small pieces of dried pineapple and sunflower seeds. Use your imagination and add or subtract what you like or don't like with my recipe. Every week I make a batch and have about 2 Tablespoons per day. Delicious, inexpensive and healthy too. Happy snacking.

By Joesgirl

Enjoy this easy to make, unsalted, protein rich snack.

bowl of trail mix

Mix all ingredients together. Serve in clear plastic cups. Makes 5 cups.

I keep a big glass jar in my kitchen cabinet and whenever I have a handful of cereal left in the bottom of a box, a few pretzels left in the bag, or raisins, chips, marshmallows, peanuts, whatever, I toss them in the jar.

This is great for a quick snack for the kids.They like it a lot and keeps them satisfied until dinner.

Combine all ingredients and enjoy. Note: Chocolate covered raisins, M&M's, and other sweet or salty snack food can be also used in this recipe...

This yummy trail mix is packed with fruit and is a great source of fiber.

Place all ingredients in a plastic bag or container. Shake to mix and store in cool, dry area for up to 2 weeks. Makes 10 servings

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients well. Store in an airtight container. Makes: 8 cups.

Food and Recipes Recipes SnacksFebruary 15, 2012
😎
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf504419.tip.html