Tying a Scarf Into a Purse

I am looking for the directions to tying a scarf into a purse. I saw this on Martha Stewart's show, but cannot find them on her website. If anyone can tell me where to find them please let me know.

Julie from Naples, FL

I remembered this from earlier this summer. It was actually a feature on the Martha Show about her new magazine called Blueprint that came out in May (2006). I don't know why it isn't on the website! Anyway, the best I could do was scan the picture in from the article and type in the directions below. Hope it helps!

Mary

Use a 32 inch square scarf or 45 inch square tablecloth

1. Lay the scarf facedown. Pull one of the corners through one hand to create a tail about one-third the length of the side; tie a knot.

2. Repeat the same tail-knotting on the scarf's other three corners.

3. For handles, tie the upper two tails together in a square knot (right over left, left over right); repeat with the lower two tails.

By kddid (Guest Post)

I read the directions, and can't get it in my mind.. I looked for the picture, and couldn't find any thing. Maybe you could send it to me.. thanks

Thank you kddid and mef1957. I found the instructions at: http://www.mart  p;site=blueprint

Could not have done it without you!!

Julie from Naples FL