AdviceHealth & Beauty

Use Your Cell Phone in the House to Call for Help

Not so sure this is a tip, but it worked wonders for me. I crushed my ankle and it required surgery and prevented me from climbing stairs. So I slept in the ground level bedroom. If I needed help to get up in the night or needed meds, I used my cell phone to call our ground phone. This awakened hubby (he actually cooked up this idea) and he came down to help. He is a great caretaker.

By Ginny from Saginaw, MI

We've done this for years and we are not injured. If husband is in the basement and I am on the 2nd floor, we will call each other (husband always has his cell phone in his pocket) to relay some immediate message.