BirthdayGifts

Inexpensive Ideas for Boyfriend's 16th Birthday

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year now, we just celebrated my birthday about 3 months ago. He made it a big deal and made the day very special. He's very sweet, and romantic when it comes down to it. In 2 weeks he's going to turn 16, and I want to make his day as special as he made mine.

In the past, I've made him a photo album, gotten him a shirt, and plenty of candy. I'm running out of gift ideas for him! I want to get or make him something that he'll have for a really long time, but I'm on a strict budget. Does anyone have any suggestions?

By Cassidy from Maple Valley, WA

When my DD was in high school she made a scrapbook of their year together for her BF's birthday. He loved it, and it was very special without being very expensive!

Anonymous

what if he also gave you a shirt

My boyfriend is having his 16th birthday party on June 24th. We have been together for a year and I want to do something special for him. His parents refuse. I need ideas, like places to go and something not too expensive. Thanks.

By Tiffany from Indianapolis, IN

Answers:

Why don't you get some friends together, pick a house, park, or lake and tell everyone to bring something, soda, water bottles, chips, dip, sandwiches, etc. Make a cake, go to the dollar store and pick up paper plates, forks, a roll of paper towels, and a card. You have spent less than 10 bucks for an afternoon or evening of fun with friends. (06/09/2010)

By Tamara Walker

Maybe you could go to a nice local park, pack a simple picnic, and make birthday cupcakes, or a small birthday cake. Or go to McDonald's, then to a park and have the small homemade birthday cake. You can go online or your word processing program and design and printout a colourful and unique birthday card too. Going bowling is another idea it's fun and good exercise. Hope these tips help. (06/09/2010)

By Marilyn Steckly

I think a celebration with your friends from school would be great. Organize a group to go to the park for pickup games of soccer, football, or softball or maybe something new, like ultimate Frisbee. Bowling might be good and some bowling alleys will allow you to have cake and stuff there. Organizing a group to go to a local lake and spending the day at the beach is great. Maybe follow up with a wiener roast. It doesn't have to cost much to put on a party if you go with simple things or pot luck. (06/10/2010)

By Louise B.