FurnitureCleaning

Dog Saliva Stains on a Couch

My couch is upholstered in regular material. I have a wet mouth golden retriever so there is dog saliva on the arms of my sofa. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the stains? Thanks for your help.

By Donna Silliman from Lehigh Valley, PA

The dollar tree sells a product called totally awesome. It has removed all kinds of dog related stains from my furniture and rugs.

I like Merlene's idea, but will add my own, anyway. If you can use a steam cleaner of any size, I'd say try that. In fact, that's one of hubby's "Honey-do" projects for the near future, due to our English mastiff.

Also, I recommend keeping your upholstered furniture covered with anything that works for you. General appearance is less important to me than keeping the dog drool off my favorite chair; I simply throw a bed sheet over it. Then when the inevitable happens, the sheet can simply be tossed into the washer. Easier to avoid the mess, for me, at least.

Thanks for the thoughts. I plan on trying the steam cleaning first.

If that doesn't work, I will try the awesome. Appreciate your time. Thanks again!