Training AdviceDogs

How Do I Find a Dog Trainer with Pit Bull Experience?

I need to get a hold of a trainer with Pit Bull experience ASAP for my 10 week old bully. I really need a trainer, as it's my first one.

By Kelly

Kelly, Do a google search for pit bull dog trainers in your city,county,state and see what pops up. You could also try other terms like doggy boot camp, or obedience training, etc. For your own personal helpfulness, you might Google websites for how to deal with aggressive pit bull puppies and see what appears, or use the term bullying pit bull pup. There's a lot of informative reading material free to glean through to help you see if any of the problem might be stemming from the way you are presently handling/caring for the pup you may not be aware at this point.

Don't feel offended by this as I've had problems with one of my own cocker spaniels who was thinking he is the pack leader of the human race and he's in boot camp being retrained while I too am dealing with changes in the way he is handled, so I can get him to understand/respect I am the ALPHA in the house, not him. He was a puppy when we got him and he's now four years old, so it's going to take us both longer to break old habits/patterns and consistency is the key to the change reformation. Good luck to you.

Congrats on your new pup and on being a responsible dog owner. Pitties are loyal loving dogs and thank you for taking the extra steps to train & raise yours in a good healthy way. Lorelei has good suggestions. I'd also see if their if a pitbull or bully breed dog owners club in your area. They can recommend some experienced trainers for you.