Cooking With a Very Large Zucchini?

I have a large zucchini (approximately 1 1/2 ft). Can I shred it and use it in recipes calling for shredded zucchini? and is it worth freezing?

By janet brown from Fort Wayne, IN

Yes, I have done this many times. Shred it and put in a freezer bag or container. I usually try to freeze in one to two cup quantities. When you want to use it just let it thaw out and squeeze most of the water out of it and add to your favorite recipe. The way I usually use it is for Zucchini bread. It will keep a long time in the freezer. Tastes really good in the winter when fresh isn't available. I also just slice or cube it and freeze for later on, then i toss it frozen into a skillet with a little oil or margarine in it, brown a little and sometimes I add some brown sugar to it. Delicious.

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesSeptember 30, 2010
🐛
😷
😎
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf51965222.tip.html

VegetablesRecipes