Ham and Cheese Popovers

Category Breakfast
Ham and Cheese Popovers
These tasty popovers work well for either a meal, with sides, or as a snack. And they are easy enough for older kids to make themselves. This is a guide about ham and cheese popovers.

If you are looking for a quick snack or meal, then give these popovers a try. They are easy enough for kids to make too.

• 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough (6 crescents)
  • 1 cup chopped ham (I used black forest deli ham)
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray muffin pan with a non-stick spray.

Unroll the crescent dough and separate them along the precut lines. Divide the ham and cheese equally on to each crescent triangle.

Starting at the wide end, roll up each crescent, finishing at the pointy end. You can trim off the excess dough on the end, I just push it down into the center of the roll.

Place the popovers into prepared muffin pan and bake for 10 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.

Note: In my photo of the baked popovers, the 2 large popovers in the corner are extra crescents that I just filled with cheese and stuffed 3 crescents into each of the last two muffin spots.

Servings: 6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

Source: "Cook It in a Cup" cookbook

By Laurel from Port Orchard, WA

I'm sorry, these just aren't popovers. Popovers are made from a thin batter. They rise very high and, when done, are hollow. Your recipe sounds delicious and super easy, definitely going to try it, but this is more like a muffin or turnover. This would be tastier than popovers.

Yes, not popovers. Popovers are called that because after they rise so high, they "pop over" to one side.

I wonder what you would call these? Just "rolls" would be more accurate, but not as fun.