Vinegar to Prevent Yeast Infections

13
Share
2
Save
Follow
Print

This tip is for the ladies! About 30 years ago I had to make a trip to my gynecologist after a week of swimming and sunning in my bathing suit. He told me at that time that women's wet bathing suits were a leading cause of trips to the doctor due to yeast infections.

I figured out a way to prevent this, since we camp and swim all the time and there are not always changing facilities nearby, and I have not been bothered since.

Take a small bottle, fill it with apple cider vinegar from the grocery store, (or a vinegar water mixture if you have tender skin). As soon as you exit the water, while your suit is still wet, as you are applying suntan lotion or sunblock, discreetly pour the vinegar over the crotch of your wet bathing suit, saturating it completely. This is slightly acidic, which prevents the growth of the yeast.

This is especially helpful for diabetic ladies, who are prone to yeast problems anyway, and is also a good remedy for jock itch in men. I also pour vinegar in my bath water once or twice a week and soak. I have never had that particular problem again.

By Gloria Hayes from Darien, GA

Anonymous
Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 690 Feedbacks

Excellent tip. ACV cures many things that ail us and much cheaper than a Dr.visit and prescription. :-)
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Diamond Feedback Medal for All Time! 1,394 Feedbacks

Thanks for being so open and willing to advise on something some might find sensitive to discuss. Bet you've helped a lot of folks just by posting this.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesApril 30, 2010
😎
🎆
🌻
Generated 2021-06-22 13:31:12 in 889 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf52272488.tip.html