SnacksFood Tips

For A Healthy Snack, Buy Granola-type Cereal Bars In Bulk

Category Snacks

Buying a box of 48 Quaker Chewy Granola Bars at the discount warehouse stores, is much cheaper than smaller packages at the grocery store. They can last a long time on the shelf. Keep several in your car for a quick snack when you may be running late.

Calories are about 120 per bar and they are very satisfying too!

By Syd

Buy a box of 24 individual 2 ounce bags at the discount warehouse stores, you will always have fresh peanuts and they are cheaper too!.

By Syd

Yes, I've been doing this for years. My children really love the fruit/cereal and granola bars, also the Rice Krispie treat bars....any of that kind of thing. I must admit, I like them too for a quick breakfast or snack. I like to take one or two with me on garage sale day....usually I get hungry for a little snack and it beats grabbing fast food! My son especially likes the Quaker cereal bars, I forgot what they are calling them now...perhaps breakfast bars. Anyway, I get a box of 48 at Sam's Club and it lasts quite a while. When all else fails, I know he will eat one of those! I really love the Nature Valley Sweet and Salty granola bars w/peanuts...man are those ever good!

Have you read the nutritional info on the Quaker bars you're talking about? Trace amounts of fiber and protein, almost zero vitamins and high carbs from processed sugar.

They are about as healthy as any other candy bar. If kids are taught that this is health food; they're in for a horrific awakening. You might as well buy Cocoa Pebbles and Count Chocula; mix them together and tell the kids they're eating healthy.

You have to dissect a bar to even see a shred of oat. It's ALL sugar, chocolate and rice crispy filler...and they're TINY in order to cut them down to a 100 cal candy bar.

Premade bars that are actually healthy are the crunchy oat bars that are also available in bulk. What makes the bars you enjoy so soft is sugar and corn syrup (more sugar).