Cat Poops Under The Bed?

My cat poops under the bed no matter how clean litter box is. Any ideas?

Robin from Centralia, Illinois

By Milt (Guest Post)

Your cat may be irritated by the chemicals put into the litter. You may want to try another brand or get advice from a vet.

By amanda (Guest Post)

try putting the litterbox in a differant place. or the cat has worms or irritable bowel problems and it cant help it.

Put boxes under the bed so the cat can't get under it.

Has anything changed in your household lately?
I have a cat who always went to her litterbox faithly, until I moved in with my daughter. My daughter had two cats and my cat was scared of them. She started going under my bed. It got so bad, she was so terrified I had to board her with my girlfriend.

I do not have a remedy for you, you just need to see if that could be the reason, If you can not figure it out, you may need to consult a Vet. Your cat could have something going on in her system that only a Vet can take care of. Good Luck.

I have a cat who always went to her litterbox faithly, until I moved in with my daughter. My daughter had two cats and my cat was scared of them. She started going under my bed. It got so bad, she was so terrified I had to board her with my girlfriend. I do not have a remedy for you, you just need to see if that could be the reason, If you can not figure it out, you may need to consult a Vet. Your cat could have something going on in her system that only a Vet can take care of. Good Luck.

How about putting the litter box or tray under your bed to see if your kitty will use it there? If it does, then you have at least two options: keep the litter box under your bed, OR ever so slightly move the litter box towards where the litter box is usually placed...

do it oh so very slowly... this is supposed to work.

By Ace (Guest Post)

I've tried this in various spots where my cats have gone where they are not suppose to. Put their food or water there. They will not go anywhere near where their food or water is placed.

Is the litterbox in a quiet undisturbed place? Cats like privacy too and if the litterbox is in a little too busy place, this could put it off from using it.

Uncleanliness is also often the first sign of disease. If the cat for example has worms or a urinary tract disease, it may associate the discomfort or pain with the litterbox and try to avoid this by not using the litterbox.

Maybe the cat simply just doesn't like the kind of litter you're using. Have you changed brand recently? If so, try changing back... Do you use a litterbox with a lid? Some cats are afraid of covered litterboxes because it make them feel trapped. Try taking off the lid.

Cats don't appreciate change that much, so try to figure out if anything has changed in it's life. Sometimes something like a new baby or boyfiríend or just that the neighbours have gotten a new (and perhaps to the cat, threatening) cat or dog is enough.

In any case, the cat is trying to tell you something...
I would take the cat to a vet to rule out any disease and then take it from there... Good luck!

Let us know how things work out...

I know this is a really old post but just Incase someone like me stumbles upon it looking for an answer to something similar I would like to add my experience. I got a kitten from a friend and it kept pooping under my daughters trundle bed and it got pretty bad having to pull it out everyday over and over and running the poop over and getting stuck in the wheels just yuck.

I tried sprays and all that and like 5 different litters couldnt figure out why eventually my mom said she would take her for me. Well mom already had 2 cats so she got a second litter box and low and behold figured out the problem! The kitten peed in one and pooped in the other she just didnt like going in the same place simple as that. She even rubbed off on the other two so now all three go pee in one box poop in the other.

Anonymous

Thanks, I will try that first. Then the vet if it won't work.

cat poops under bed we clean and used all tipes of remidies aleady and even the gell pebbles she just go and poop over it as it says will incourage them to litter but this is not working at all

Pets AdviceNovember 30, 2006
🌻
🐛
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf52473555.tip.html

AdvicePets