Discounts for Paying with Cash

Usually when I have offered to pay cash for services instead of the provider having to bill me or pay a transaction fee on credit card use, they have given me a discount on the service. If they don't, I go ahead and use my credit card which gives me 1% cash back.

By Bobbie

What's the percentage rate that your card charges you for using it???? Is this worth the 1% cash back in the end?

i have no idea how come that posted twice sorry.

I can't answer for Bobbie, but the rebate cards I use have no annual fee, a grace period on purchases, and I pay off the balance every month. One of them offers as much as 3 percent back on purchases at certain types of businesses, such as gas stations. For a list of cards with no fees and rebates, go to www.bankrate.com.