Does Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergent Kill 99.9% of Bacteria?

Does Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergent kill 99.9% of bacteria?

No, only bleach and ammonia will kill 99.99% of bacteria.

I always check the box or container to see what it does. If what you are looking for is not there, it doesn't do it.

I had a microbiology professer that told us about a mouthwash's bacteria-killing TV claims. Ads boasted 99.9% of bacteria was killed.

He delved into it, and it was not quite so simple! I forget the exact numbers, but one had to hold the mouthwash in the mouth for something like 19 hours for it to kill 99.9% of the bacteria!

No, by itself no laundry detergent will kill that much bacteria. Very hot water kills bacteria, but clorox is better at it. I dont think ammonia kills as much bacteria as clorox, but that only my opinion. Its been a long time since I took chemistry. (lol)

Dont forget that its chlorine that is put into your drinking water to kill bacteria in tap water.

Best of luck

Hi all I heard recently that Lysol has just come out with a laundry detergent sanitizer that can be used even with coloured clothes and from what I understand is not in Canada yet but is available in the USA. This isn't cheap even if you order it off of amazon. But you can't put a price on health. I have an auto immune disease as well and use borax a gentle detergent vinegar and regular Lysol multi purpose cleaner or I will sometimes substitute peroxide in place of Lysol depending on what I have around the house for my colours and for whites I use gentle detergent and bleach. So far so good and no problems. Don't over use the bleach as it will eat your clothes. Also depending on the garments use hot water and a hot dryer when you can. If you have a lot of spandex or wool you should avoid bleach but I think you will be ok with the other products I mentioned. Best of luck to you and my best to your daughter. Ps I have had a lot of progress with my naturopath as they are real doctors and have many approaches to rebuilding immune systems. Learning about the gut bacteria and brain foods has been a game changer for me. Also clean filtered water has really helped my body's own filtering ability has meant more than I ever imagined it would. Hope this helps.