Looking for Hamburger, Cheese, Egg and Toast Recipe

Looking for a recipe someone told me about but can't remember all of it. It has hamburger, cheese and egg in it and is layered on toast and baked in the oven, if I remember right. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Tammy

Have you tried www.allrecipes.com? You can search for recipes by ingredients. I found quite a few similar to what you're after. The first time I searched, I didn't find anything except burgers, but then instead of using the word hamburger, I used the word pork sausage. In fact, I made the easy sausage strata for Christmas morning breakfast, and it was easy AND good.
Good luck!

Years ago, I was taught a recipe by a single male friend he called "dogfood":

12 slices toast
1 lb hamburger
cream of mushroom soup
2 eggs
6 slices cheese

fry hamburger (w/ diced onions & peppers, if desired); stir in 1 or 2 tbs mustard. Layer 6 slices toast in a 9 x 13 pan; distribute burger mixture evenly over.

Top w/ cheese, then other 6 toast. Mix soup, eggs, and about 1/2 can milk together. Pour over layers, trying to coat each one evenly. Cover w/ foil & bake 350 about 45 min. Uncover (add more cheese on top if wanted) & bake 15 min (or so) till brown on top.

Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastMarch 12, 2008
📓
🌻
🎂