Save Change for Something Special

Have everyone in the family put all their quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies into a "bank" on a regular basis. (daily, or weekly). Once a year, count it up and use it for a special outing, or purchase, or for a favourite local charity. Or bank it in a good-interest bearing account and save it all for retirement fun.

There are many containers that come into the house that can be used for the "bank". I use a large Tupperware container. Personalize the above idea to what fits your family. In Canada you can put in the $1 and $2 coins as well.

By Cathryn

I save all of my change at the end of the day. I have four small banks that I bought for this purpose; one for quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies. After a week or so I take the change out and roll up what I can. Last year I saved over 400.00 this way. While my credit union doesn't like the coins rolled; they'll break then and count them again. It lets me see how much I have saved.