Make Photocopies of Important Receipts

Store register receipts fade after a while. When purchasing large priced items I always photocopy the receipt and attach it to the warranty and/or owners manual in case the receipt is required at a later date to prove purchase.

By Rita Black from Melbourne, Australia

This tip is brilliant in its simplicity. You just never know when you'll need a receipt, especially for those big-ticket items!

I do that too, but attach the original receipt to the owner's manual and put a documentation note in my credit card bill pile.

Excellent advice. I'd only add one thing: Along with the photocopy, staple the original receipt to warranty, etc. Some companies do not accept copy should one need to return, for instance. Can't hurt! Cay from FL