Checking Shopping Receipts

Are you being overcharged for groceries? I am overcharged for my groceries half of the time! That is why I now check my receipt before leaving the store instead of when I get home. I buy a lot of thing on sale and often times the store employees have not entered the sale prices into their computers. Another reason is just carelessness on the part of the check-out person.

Just today, I was overcharged $11.00 for some paintbrushes that should have totaled $2.00! That was at a hardware store. Please take a minute to check your receipts. It could be worth your while.

By Anne from Green Bay, WI

5 More Solutions

Just within this week, I have been overcharged 3 times at 3 different stores! It is important to double check your receipt because accidents can happen. Sometimes it could be the cashier ringing up more items than you purchased, the price is incorrectly advertised, and so forth!

Check Your Receipt for Incorrect Charges

Some stores I go to ask if I want a receipt - the environmentally friendly method would be to say "no", however the thrifty part of me says "yes". I always get a receipt.

A receipt from a shopping trip

I just found out that my supermarket has a policy that will give an incorrectly scanned item to you for free. The store will give you a $10 discount on items that are more than $10. Because of this knowledge, I got a $7.99 package of burgers for free.

Check Your Receipt for Incorrect Prices

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Not all receipts are trash! Some actually have potential discounts that could help you save on future purchases.

Check Receipts for Discounts - discount offer on back side of receipt

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice ShoppingSeptember 25, 2016
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Checking-Shopping-Receipts.html