Self ImprovementBetter Living

New Year's Resolution: Simple, Small Goals Every Day

Have you ever found yourself overwhelmed with things to do around the house? Feeling guilty about not getting everything done in one day? Have things that you "keep meaning to get around to"? Need a New Year's resolution? I have just the thing. I only started doing this two days ago, but it's easy, and it gives me a sense of accomplishment every single day, and I see myself sticking to it.

Every morning I think of a small goal in which to achieve at the end of the day. For example, today I plan on going through the bathroom cabinet and getting rid of things I don't use anymore. Yesterday, my goal was to finish shampooing the carpet upstairs. The day before was to put some items in boxes I've been "meaning to get around to." Say that you have laundry to do, the garage to clean, a closet to go through, papers to organize... If you do one of those things each day, it will be easy to get done.

Simple, small goals every day! I write them down in a notepad every morning when I get to work, then when I've done them, I put a check mark by it the next day. I feel like I'm actually accomplishing things instead of overwhelming myself everyday. It makes me feel good, and it's great practice for those "bigger" things you have in your sights.

By Amber from Westminster, CO

I've been doing that lately also. Makes you feel like you really accomplished something doesn't it?

check out www.flylady.net

You will love it because you are starting the routines already.