House PlantsGardening

Small Bugs on House Plant

I have these little bugs that are I think caterpillars, I don't know for sure. My cousin told me that they make webs. They are all over my plant and I don't know what to do. My plant is in a pot inside my home.

By andonelle from Newark, NJ

You need to take them outside; and use a spray on them. Sounds like spider mites to me. Check with a local nursery or grange if you have one near to you. You can also all your county extension office; very knowledgeable folks who are usually master gardeners will identify the pest for you and tell you what products to use to get rid of them!

You can make your own insect killing spray by mixing dish detergent with water 1:5 . Use that strength to kill wasps and other annoying insects. Use a more dilute mixture for spraying directly on plants.