Display Everyday Dishes as Decor

We live in a manufactured home without much cupboard space. My solution for organizing my dishes is to make them part of the decorations. Our round oak table takes up most of the dining room area so there is no room for a china cabinet.

I hung decorative plate racks on the walls and keep my every day dishes on them. They are part of my decorations. It makes table setting easy as I just reach over and pick my dishes off the wall. My china cups and tea service are on the table. I have the cups on a rack or tower. I am always prepared for company this way.

By Leila B. from Brookings, OR

The display is really beautiful but how do you cope with the dust that settles on them?

Good tip, and it does add to the decor, very nice.

FarStar's question is a good one, but I already know the answer from my use of open shelving in my tiny kitchen. I dust everything before I use it:) Yes, it does sound like extra work, but I've got a couple of cupboards that have doors and I find I still have to dust everything out of those as well.

I love your idea. I also live in a manufactured home, and also have the oak table in the dining room with no space left.

Organizing KitchenOctober 28, 2011
🎂
📓
🌻